Enter a world of fast, low-cost embedded processing design with TI’s dramatically enhanced Code Composer Studio™ IDE that slashes development time and cost
Further simplifying embedded software development, Texas Instruments Incorporated (NYSE: TXN) (TI) today introduced significant upgrades to its industry-leading Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment (IDE) based on the Eclipse open source software framework. Featuring major user interface improvements that ease development and a 5x smaller installation package that speeds setup, Code Composer Studio IDE v5 now runs on Windows and Linux® operating environments and starts at the low cost of $79 – thousands of dollars less than competitive offerings.
Code Composer Studio IDE provides a single user interface to take developers through each step of the application development flow. It includes a suite of tools that simplifies software design for embedded processing applications by accelerating software code development, analysis and debugging through a common development environment. Code Composer Studio IDE v5 is compatible across many devices in TI’s broad embedded processing portfolio, including single and multicore digital signal processors (DSPs), microcontrollers, video processors and microprocessors.
Improvements to Code Composer Studio IDE v5 that speed time to market include:
- Simplified user interface shows developers what and when calls are needed to ease and speeds development.
- More succinct download and installation for only what is required for designs, eliminating unnecessary time spent on unused components and enabling developers to quickly add support for new devices.
- Eclipse open source framework enables developers to customize their environment through available third-party plug-ins to speed troubleshooting, analysis and profiling of embedded designs.
- Resource Explorer is an integrated browser that facilitates use of extensive example code from TI’s controlSUITE™, StellarisWare®, Grace 1.1 for MSP430™ microcontrollers and other software platforms.
- Video tutorials explain how to get the most out of features.
- Straightforward migration from previous versions of Code Composer Studio IDE enables software reuse.
Additional Code Composer Studio IDE features and benefits:
- Superior code development environment speeds design and troubleshooting with an advanced editor and features such as code completion, code folding, local history of source changes, markers and the ability to associate tasks with source lines. Developers can also directly view images and video in their native formats.
- Advanced GUI framework simplifies data and project management through the creation of perspectives with full customization of menus, toolbars and 'fast views' that enable developers to define the functionality and views appropriate to specific tasks, such as editing or debugging a program across multiple processors.
- Multi-processor debugging intelligently manages status and information from multiple cores without the confusion that arises when each core requires its own separate debugger. More than 1,200 third-party plug-ins support product development including static code analysis, source code control, modeling and scripting development.
- Flexible project environment gives developers control over the compiler and SYS/BIOS™ software kernel foundation version used with each individual project allowing projects in maintenance mode to continue to use the tools they were deployed with while enabling new projects to take full advantage of the latest improvements in technology.
- Debug server scripting interface enables the automation of common tasks such as code validation and profiling.
- Update manager tool automatically manages tool updates.
Pricing and availability
Developers may purchase a Code Composer Studio IDE v5 license today for a low starting price of $79 when purchased with an XDS100 JTAG emulator. The full Platinum license for all TI embedded processors is available at the price of $495. Code Composer Studio IDE v5 is free for Linux and Android application developers who do not require a JTAG debugger. Download it today at www.ti.com/tool/ccstudio?DCMP=dsp-ccs5-110705&HQS=dsp-ccs5-110705-pr-sw