Keithley Instruments, a world leader in advanced electrical test instruments and systems, announced today the introduction of the DMM7510 7½-Digit Graphical Sampling Multimeter, the first of a new class of digital multimeters. It integrates a high accuracy digital multimeter, a digitizer for waveform capture, and a capacitive touchscreen user interface. The DMM7510 is designed to give users confidence in the accuracy of their results, the ability to explore measurements further, and intuitive touchscreen operation. Its user interface continues the company’s “Touch, Test, Invent” design philosophy that lets users learn faster, work smarter and invent easier.
Jerry Janesch, a senior market development manager at Keithley, noted, “To get an in-depth understanding of their devices under test, engineers need to capture small signals at higher accuracy and faster speeds than traditional DMMs can provide. The DMM7510’s intuitive operation and high speed digitizer allow it to address a wide range of test applications, including device characterization, debugging, and analysis; production test/ATE; and applications in research labs and universities.”
The DMM7510 offers users a powerful combination of capabilities:
• Higher measurement accuracy, so they can be confident of the integrity of their results
- Precision multimeter offers the flexibility to select resolution levels from 3½ to 7½ digits.
- Provides DC accuracies typically only found in metrology-grade instrumentation—but at about half the price of those solutions.
- 14ppm basic 1-year DCV accuracy
- Expanded measurement ranges (100mV, 1Ω, and 10µA) enhance low level accuracy.
- Auto-calibration feature minimizes temperature and time drift.
- Low burden voltage improves low current measurement accuracy.
• High accuracy signal sampling with an 1MS/sec, 18-bit digitizer
- View and analyze current and voltage waveforms and transients without the need for an additional instrument or PC.
- Enhanced analog triggering includes edge, pulse, and window triggers.
- Ideal for low level power analysis, sensors, medical device R&D, component test.
• Interactivity and waveform visualization via the five-inch capacitive touchscreen interface
- Touchscreen interface/display supports setting up tests faster and more intuitively, and viewing results both numerically and graphically.
- Touchscreen interface allows users to interact with the signals they’re studying for greater insights into results. Pan, pinch, and zoom functions and the ability to set cursors support flexible signal capture and allow for high interaction with test data.
Capabilities and functions:
• Five-inch touchscreen displays more information simultaneously.
• Lower swipe screen speeds access to often-used features.
• Test results stored in any of the data buffers can be displayed in graph, histogram, or numerical/datasheet form.
• Built-in graphing utility supports displaying and comparing measurements or waveforms from up to four reading buffers at once.
• Test results and screen images can be stored quickly via the USB 2.0 memory port.
• Built-in support is provided for low resistance applications, including dry circuit, offset compensation, and open lead detection.
• Rotary control knob offers an alternative to touchscreen navigation.
• Front/rear input selector indicates the inputs currently in use.
• Connections and controls simplify configuring multi-instrument test solutions, including input connectors, remote control interfaces (GPIB, USB 2.0 and LXI/Ethernet), a D-sub 9-pin digital I/O port (for internal/external trigger signals and handler control), and TSP Link® jacks for connecting to other Keithley instruments with an embedded Test Script Processor (TSP®).
• Free KickStart instrument control start-up software lets PC users configure and take measurements quickly.
• Online HELP is just a button press away.
Pricing and Availability
The US list price for the DMM7510 is $3,990, with immediate availability from Keithley sales partners.