Terra 51 is fully certified and compliant with all of the relevant safety standards, as specified by UL, for the United States and Canada, and now available for customer delivery. ABB has received the UL listing for its best-selling Terra 51 DC fast charger.
"Earning this seal of safety and protection, recognized widely by US consumers, is consistent with ABB's global strategy to be a leader in cutting-edge technology that meets, and often exceeds, national and local standards," said Cal Lankton, director of EV charging infrastructure. "Our engineering design and development team achieved this certification in record time, reinforcing our ability to quickly deliver the highest quality products in this dynamic and evolving industry." In addition to meeting all UL safety requirements, key features of ABB's Terra 51 include:
- Fast Charging -- The Terra 51 is an intelligent DC fast charger that reduces EV charging times from eight hours to as little as 15 to 30 minutes.
- Open network protocol supportABB's chargers can be connected to any charging network or community via the OCPP (Open Charge-Point Protocol), the widely adopted international open networking standard for charging equipment.
- Cloud ConnectivityABB's smart-grid capabilities offer an unparalleled range of connectivity options to help operators run networks more efficiently. These include managing peak load, remote monitoring and management of charging sessions, and seamless back-office integration. All Terra systems can be connected to ABB's NOC (Network Operations Center), which provides remote maintenance, software updates, and industry-leading backbone-network uptime.
- Multi-protocolTerra 51 fast chargers and future products will support all existing and future connection standards and communication protocols to drive the continued growth of EV infrastructure in the North American market.
- Turn Key offeringsABB makes it easy to run a charging network. All-in-one product offerings reduce time to market and make installation, connectivity, and compliance with back-office systems such as OCPP seamless and efficient.
"We are excited to be at the forefront of the rapidly growing electric vehicle activity in North America. This certification is a key step to further developing our global portfolio and enabling us to better serve the North American market," said Hans Streng, senior VP and GM of ABB's EV Charging Infrastructure Product Group. "We are committed to developing cost-effective integrated solutions across all standards, and supporting the needs of EV drivers around the world."