TDK Corporation presents its new B32320I* series of compact cylindrical DC-link capacitors for mounting on PCBs. They are designed for voltages of 450 V DC to 1300 V DC and cover a capacitance range of 6.5 µF to 260 µF. The current handling capacity IRMS is up to 27.6 A (10 kHz, 60 °C) and minimal ESR is 2.4 mΩ. The new DC-link capacitors are designed for a maximum hotspot temperature of 105 °C. The plastic housing corresponds to UL 94 V-0.
Depending on the model, the dimensions are between 35 mm x 53 mm and 60 mm x 120 mm. Due to their relatively tall insertion height compared with cubic capacitors, the new DC-link capacitors have low footprint requirements on the PCB in relation to their capacity. All models in the new series feature five pins, which ensures high current capability as well as high stability on the PCB.
Typical areas of application include frequency converters for drives, converters for photovoltaic and air conditioning systems and critical UPS systems.
Main fields of application
• Frequency converters for drives
• Converters for photovoltaic and air conditioning systems as well as UPS systems
Main features and benefits
• Rated voltage of 450 V DC to 1300 V DC
• Capacitance range from 6.5 µF to 260 µF
• Compact dimensions of 35 mm x 53 mm and 60 mm x 120 mm
• Minimal space requirements on the PCB
You can find more information about the products at TDK's site.