Taiwan Semiconductor announces the availability of the RS2x family of fast recovery rectifiers. These 2A-rated diodes are available with reverse voltage ratings of 200V and 1 KV, each available in either SOD-128 or Thin SMA package. These two surface mount packages align with standard pc-board solder pads facilitating interchangeability, with the Thin SMA offering a lower profile and the SOD-128 improved thermal dissipation.
The RB2x Family provides a number of beneficial features:
· Fast Switching and Reverse Recovery Times– Increases efficiency in a wide range of power electronics designs from medium voltage to high voltage applications, lowers EMI and RFI and simplifies snubber and filtering design.
· Lowest Forward Voltage Drop – Industry-leading maximum Vf(1.06V @ Tj=25°C, Vr=1000V / 1.01V @ Tj=25°C, Vr+200V) improves efficiency and thermal performance.
· AEC-Q Automotive Qualified Versions– All parts in the family meet stringent automotive reliability and performance criteria – Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documentation is available.
· Global Materials Compliance– RoHS compliant, halogen-free (per IEC-61249-2-21), WEEE, REACH, California Prop. 65, JESD-201 Class 2 Whisker Test and others.
· Small Surface Mount Packages –Ideal for automated placement. Low profile packaging with standard footprint for Thin SMA and thermally efficient SOD-128 packages
Rectification, blocking and freewheeling usesfor the RxBS Family include enclosed and open frame power supplies and power electronic conversion systems used in automotive, industrial, telecom-datacom-networking systems, LED lighting, battery charging systems, UPS and inverters.
Price: $0.0852 in OEM Quantities
Lead Time: Samples: in-stock (Digi-Key and Mouser); Production quantities: 8 weeks, ARO
For more information, visit Taiwan Semiconductor.