Infineon Technologies will demonstrate its latest innovative, energy efficient solutions - including best-in-class technologies for industrial motor drives, power conversion and vehicle traction - in booth 328 and during conference sessions at the upcoming IEEE Energy Conversion Congress & Expo in Milwaukee.
During the congress, which takes place from September 18th to 22nd, Infineon will present detailed information about its market-shaping technologies including:
· Sunday 18th: Power Semiconductors for Vehicle Traction Inverters: From Discretes to Power Modules, from Silicon to Wide Band Gap devices.
This tutorial will provide an overview of the use of power semiconductors in vehicle traction inverter applications, covering four major aspects of three-phase inverters for DC-AC power conversion in HEVs, PHEVs, and EVs:
· Inverter design principles for high efficiency
· Silicon packaging
· Integration of different package types into an inverter
· Performance assessment of different families of semiconductors: IGBTs, MOSFETs and SiC
· Wednesday 21st 1:30-3:30PM: Infineon is the organizer for a session on "Practical implementation of SiC MOSFETs for Industrial applications." During this session, Peter Friedrichs (Infineon Germany) will present a paper entitled "SiC Trench MOSFETs - Design Philosophy, Performance and Future Challenges." Martin Knecht (Infineon Germany) and David Levett (Infineon USA) will present their paper on "Practical Implementation of a Buck Boost Converter using SiC MOSFETs."