Intersil Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: ISIL) today introduced the ZL9117M, the latest member of Intersil's expanding power module family. The ZL9117M is a fully-encapsulated digital power module capable of delivering 17A output current.
The ZL9117M is configured using the industry's easiest-to-use, point-and-click PowerNavigator(TM) GUI. Built-in auto-compensation algorithms also optimize transient response over varying load conditions. The industry standard PMBus interface supports remote performance monitoring and even re-programming of installed systems around the world.
A low profile 15mm x 15mm QFN package provides an industry-leading power density of 1275W/in3. Very high efficiency, combined with a low thermal resistance of only 11 degrees C/W, eliminates the need for a heat sink or air flow in most applications. Higher current demands are easily supported by paralleling modules with automatic current sharing.
Features and Specifications
Pricing and Availability
- PowerNavigator GUI simplifies device configuration
- Non-volatile memory retains all configuration data
- PMBus interface provides real-time performance monitoring and control
- Auto-compensation optimizes transient response over varying load conditions
- Can be paralleled with current sharing for higher current applications
- Conversion efficiency up to 95%
- Pin-compatible with the previously introduced 12A rated ZL9101MIRZ
The ZL9117MIRZ is available in a low profile, 15mm x 15mm QFN package. Pricing is $19.11 each in 1,000-piece quantities. For more information please visit www.intersil.com/products/deviceinfo.asp?pn=ZL9117M
Intersil Corporation is a leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance analog, mixed signal, and power management semiconductors. The Company's products address some of the fastest growing markets within the communications, computing, consumer and industrial industries. For more information about Intersil or to find out how to become a member of our winning team, visit the Company's web site and career page at www.intersil.com