Intersil, a leading provider of innovative power management and precision analog solutions, extended its global leadership in digital power technology, introducing a major breakthrough in digital power design -- the PowerNavigator™ graphical user interface (GUI). The PowerNavigator GUI lets users design digital power into their systems without writing a single line of code, and its easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface significantly accelerates design time.
The PowerNavigator tool is a free, downloadable GUI that provides the flexibility designers need to quickly set up and control any power supply architecture. Crafting the power architecture in PowerNavigator’s “hardware-free” mode lets users select components prior to hardware development, without design risk. The PowerNavigator GUI provides access to all commands and setup configurations, including the ability to load predefined configurations for common applications
Once the initial hardware is developed, the GUI can apply the saved settings and monitor all the rails. Any number of rails can be displayed with a selection of telemetric data. Designers make final system adjustments through the GUI with simple and intuitive controls. Sequencing of the rails is now possible through a visual drag-and-drop interface.
PowerNavigator GUI Supports Intersil’s Fast Growing Digital Power Portfolio
The rapidly expanding lineup of Intersil digital power ICs and modules provide a PMBus™ serial interface to configure, control and monitor the power supply. As part of the next generation platform, Intersil also announced today the ZL8800, a compensation free digital power controller that works in tandem with the PowerNavigator GUI to speed design time.
PowerNavigator GUI Features and Benefits
• Hardware-free mode lets users design and architect power systems prior to hardware development
• Graphical monitoring makes display easy to read with entire system on one page
• Visual sequencing lets users sequence up and down multiple rails using drag–and-drop
• Command line tool enables simple access and control of any PMBus command
• Ability to save entire system project
• Config files allow individual files to be saved for production programming