Intersil has introduced a new radiation hardened 12A point-of-load synchronous buck regulator with current sharing, featuring ultra-high integration, design flexibility and the highest output current of any competing monolithic regulator.
The ISL70002SEHVF is a Single Event Effect (SEE) immune regulator, featuring high dose rate (HDR) and low dose rate (LDR) immunity. Its high level of integration eliminates the need for external components, reduces cost, board space, and provides the industry's highest reliability for space and harsh environment applications. Additionally, the ISL70002's Class V compliant hermetic solution meets the most stringent satellite program requirements.
Features and Specifications
- Maximum junction temperature of 150 degrees C allows designers to take full advantage of the ISL70002's output power
- Synchronous rectification provides higher efficiency than standard buck regulators, especially at lower output voltages
- Current sharing capability supports paralleled regulators
- Designed for complete single event immunity at LET = 86.4MeV
- SEL, SEB, SET, and SEFI hardened
Two ISL70002s can be paralleled to support output currents up to 19A (@ 150C junction temperature), making this the ideal power solution for FPGA-based designs. Only one bias rail is required, simplifying system power architecture design by eliminating an additional regulator or FET to step the voltage down to less than 4.5V.
Pricing and Availability
The ISL70002SEH is currently available in a 64-lead ceramic quad flat pack package, with sample pricing starting at $602 each in 100-unit quantities. For more information, please visit: http://www.intersil.com/products/ISL70002SEH