Taiwan Semiconductor announces the introduction of the TS19501 single channel, dimmable LED driver targeting high-brightness automotive applications. Due to the device’s highly integrated design, this single IC is well suited for virtually every automotive LED application: high and low beam headlights; daytime running lights; turn indicators; position indicator lights; fog lights; ATV and four-wheel drive high-brightness lamps. The IC is also offered in a version ideal for a wide range of non-automotive DC-input LED lighting applications.
The TS19501 offers designers a number of benefits and improvements over competing devices:
· 4.2V – 42V input voltage. One device handles many applications
· Wide Operating Temperature. -40C to +125C
· Low side current sensing. Better performance over a wide range of external conditions
· Spread spectrum clock. Lowers EMI/RFI and facilitates regulatory compliance
· Supports multiple topologies. One devicefor boost, buck-boost and SEPIC topologies
· Supports multiple operating modes. One device for DCM, BCM or CCM
· PWM and analog dimming. Works with microcontroller or analog circuits
· 70kHz to 700 KHz adjustable frequency. No compromise in selecting frequency
· MSOP-10EP package. Smaller package with fewer leads and external components
The TS19501, while not the first driver to address this growing market, does provide designers with more flexibility, lower pin count and typically lower external parts count than competing devices. Design resources include an online video, 44-page designers guideand designer worksheet.
For more information, visit Taiwan Semiconductor.