Maxim Makes Organizational Changes to Better Serve Customers



Click on image to enlarge

Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) today announced the following organizational changes to better serve its customers: • Created Worldwide Customer Operations intended to increase responsiveness and provide higher levels of customer support worldwide. • Centralized supply-chain management and manufacturing operations to improve planning, lead times, and on-time delivery. This function now reports directly to the CEO. • Promoted three regional sales Vice Presidents to better balance customer advocacy with internal product development. • Created regional marketing teams aligned by end market segment. These organizational changes underscore Maxim's goal of empowering and elevating its customer-facing functions to enhance responsiveness, delivery, and customer support. "We are driving change from the inside out in order to build a more customer-focused culture," said Tunç Doluca, Maxim's President and Chief Executive Officer. "These changes empower and place more senior executives closer to our customers. We now have a more balanced relationship between our strong product development, for which we have always been known, and our customer engagement leadership." The company promoted Paul McCambridge to the newly created position of Vice President of Worldwide Customer Operations. McCambridge joined the company from Xilinx, Inc., where he was Vice President of Sales for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). His newly consolidated organization has global reach and focuses on all customer service decisions. Maxim has consolidated and centralized supply-chain management (SCM) under Vivek Jain, Senior Vice President of Manufacturing Operations. Jain, who joined Maxim after 14 years at Intel Corp., oversees front-end and back-end manufacturing as well as supply-chain operations. He now reports directly to Tunç Doluca. Under Jain's leadership, Maxim utilizes a flexible manufacturing model, manufacturing 65 percent of its products in-house and partnering with foundries for the remaining 35 percent. During fiscal 2011, the company cut lead times in half, currently at seven weeks, while growing revenues by 25 percent. To strengthen the company's customer engagement leadership, the company has promoted three regional sales leaders to Vice President: Jason Green has been promoted to Vice President of Americas Sales and Corporate Distribution; Walter Sangalli has been promoted to Vice President of EMEA Sales; and H.S. Kim has been promoted to Vice President of Korea Sales and Asia Pacific Regional Marketing. Finally, Maxim has also created regional marketing teams in all regions. These localized teams will deepen the company's understanding of key markets and customer systems as well as cement relationships with key customers in their respective market segments. "We are elevating the customer's perspective and increasing Maxim's understanding of their end markets," Doluca explained. "This is all part of our renewed emphasis on providing better service to customers everywhere." Renowned for its highly integrated analog and mixed-signal products, Maxim is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California/USA. Maxim employs 9,200 people and has manufacturing sites, design centers, and sales offices throughout the world. For more information about Maxim's enhanced customer focus initiative, visit