Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited (AOS) announced a new series of DrMOS targeting multiphase VR regulators powering high-performance GPU and memory in desktop Add-In Graphics Cards (AICs) and gaming notebooks. The AOZ531xQI series uses AOS latest generation of Gen Alpha MOSFET technology to provide benchmark performance in a 5mm x 5mm QFN package. The series comprises of three DC current levels for multiphase voltage regulator optimization.
The AOZ531xQI offers both performance and robustness to support high peak currents common in a GPU multiphase VR. AOS DrMOS guarantees this performance on the datasheet, and all devices in the AOZ531xQI family features high peak current capability, up to 120A for 10us and 80A for 10ms.
The AOZ531xQI family of DrMOS supports both add-in card (12V input) and gaming laptop (20V input) input voltage operating range. Three performance levels (50A, 60A, and 65A) allow tradeoffs in the current/phase and number of phases.
· DC Operating Range: 2.5V to 20V for AOZ5311/2/3QI
· DC Operating Range: 2.5V to 25V for AOZ5316/7/8QI
· Universal standard QFN5x5 package
· Capable of up to 120A for 10us
· Capable of up to 80A for 10ms
· 3.3V and 5VPWM logic compatible
· True high impedance input at PWM when disabled for phase shedding operation
· Thermal warning indicator
· Ability to enable or disable diode emulation mode using #SMOD input
Pricing and Availability
The AOZ531xQIseries is immediately available in production quantities with a lead-time of 12 weeks. The unit price in 1,000 pieces quantities is $1.24 for AOZ5311xQI, $1.35 for AOZ5312xQI, $2.10 for AOZ5313xQI, $1.30 for AOZ5316xQI, $1.40 for AOZ5317xQI, and $2.20 for AOZ5318xQI.
For more information, please visit Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited.