TDK Corporation announced the EPCOS Compact S14 AdvanceD-MP series of metal oxide disk varistors that feature smaller dimensions with the same excellent performance as the EPCOS S14 AdvanceD-MP standard series. The disk diameters of the new B72214P2* varistors range from 13 mm to 14 mm, a reduction of approximately 3 mm. Like the standard S14 series, these components offer a maximum surge current capability of 6 kA at 8/20 µs according to IEC 62368-1.
The Compact S14 series covers a wide operating voltage range from 130 to 460 VRMS. The multiple pulse varistors are designed to be used in power supplies as the primary protection against low-level repetitive surge currents. The optimized design results in an improved derating performance over time. All types have UL, CSA, VDE and IEC approval.
Due to compact dimensions and outstanding electrical characteristics, the Compact S14 varistors help design engineers reduce the size of products and are suitable for a wide range of applications. These include switch-mode power supplies, drivers for LED lighting, home appliances and smart meters.
· Primary protection against low-level repetitive surge currents
· Switch-mode power supplies, drivers for LED lighting, home appliances and smartmeters
· Compact disk diameters of 13 mm to 14mm
· Surge current capability of 6 kA at 8/20µs
· Multiple pulse capability against low-level repetitive surge currents
For more information, visit www.tdk.com.