Texas Instruments Inc. has introduced three analog-input class-D stereo amplifiers for use in soundbars, after-market automotive-audio products, portable audio docks, and LCD televisions.
The devices, TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2, and TPA3130D2 feature switching rates from 400 KHz to 1.2 MHz and a power supply range from 4.5 V to 26 V, enabling audio output that is both high quality and highly efficient.
Pin-for-pin and software compatible, the devices can support a single-layer PCB, enabling cost savings by allowing designers to reuse a single layout for multiple designs.
- Supply range of 4.5 V to 26 V enables simultaneous operation of line power and battery power on the same board for longer battery life in soundbars and portable audio docks.
- Thermally efficient FETs allow 30-W x 2 operation without need for a heat sink, or 50-W x 2 with a heat sink (TPA3116D2 only).
- Switching rates of 400 KHz to 1.2 MHz allow inductor filter-free operation and interference avoidance.
- Closed-loop design provides excellent power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) and slower edge rates for waveform switching to improve electromagnetic interference (EMI) performance.
- RDS(on) of 120 ?? at 30-W x 2.