Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced a complete power management solution for TI's C2000 real-time control, 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) and other DSP and FPGA processors. The TPS75005 highly integrated power circuit comes in a thermally enhanced 5-mm x 5-mm QFN package, combining two low-noise, 500-mA low-dropout linear regulators (LDOs) and three supply voltage supervisors to provide +/-5 percent power-rail accuracy for TI's F2833x, F2823x, F281x, F2801x and F280x microcontroller series. For samples and evaluation module visit: www.ti.com/tps75005-preu
The TPS75005 supports input voltages from 3.5 V to 6.5 V, and provides two power outputs controlled by an integrated sequencer circuit. A single EN logic input signal ensures the power-up and power-down requirements of the C2000 MCUs. The sequencer includes a soft-start for both LDOs to avoid inrush current. A third rail monitor also provides general power management functions, such as monitoring the input voltage.
Key features and benefits of TPS75005
Availability and pricing:
- Optimized managed power supply to TI's 32-bit C2000 real-time control MCUs, including preset power-up and power-down sequencing.
- High integration to simplify design and decrease overall solution size: Dual 500-mA LDOs with dedicated supply voltage supervisor.
- Voltage accuracy and protection: Five-percent accuracy enhances power design reliability.
The TPS75005 is available in volume now from TI and its distributors in a 20-pin, 5-mm x 5-mm QFN. Suggested resale pricing is $1.90 in 1,000-unit quantities. Designers can use the TPS75005's PSpice transient model simulation tool to speed design.
Find out more about TI's power solutions for C2000 MCUs:
About Texas Instruments
- Quick reference guide: Power Management Solutions for 32-bit C2000 Real-Time MCUs
- Reference design: TMS320F2802x/03x Power Management Solutions
- TPS75005EVM-023 evaluation module: Dual, 500mA Low-Dropout Regulators and Triple Voltage Rail Monitor Evaluation Module
- Join the TI E2E™ Power Community: www.ti.com/powerforum-pr
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be - smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do - from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com