Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE:TXN) today introduced its next-generation bqTESLA™ wireless power transmitter integrated circuit (IC). The bq500210 lowers the transmitter bill of materials cost by more than 50 percent, compared to existing solutions, by integrating the transmitter and supporting components into a single chip. The small, highly intelligent IC integrates the functionality required to safely and efficiently control wireless power transfer in a contactless charging base station. By utilizing Wireless Power Consortium (WPC)-compliant inductive power transfer, the transmitter provides power to Qi-compliant portable devices, such as smart phones, portable gaming systems, digital cameras and Bluetooth® low energy systems, as well as medical and industrial equipment.
Together with the available bq51013 or bq51011 receivers, the bq500210 offers a complete Qi-compliant wireless power solution. For more information or to order samples of the bq500210, visit: www.ti.com/bq500210-preu
Key features and benefits of the bq500210
Tools and support
Availability and pricing
- Digital demodulation signal processing significantly reduces total system components from previous generation analog demodulation circuitry.
- Single-chip wireless power transfer controller compliant to WPC Qi specification 1.0.2, which allows for a simple, cost-effective, interoperable design implementation.
- Integrated real-time efficiency analyzer maximizes power transfer efficiency, reduces power consumption, and protects the transmitter and receiver from excessive power loss and heat.
- Parasitic metal object detection (PMOD) provides protection from power transfer to metal objects, overheating and power loss.
- Overload and over temperature protection ensures safe and reliable operation.
- Small 7-mm x 7-mm, 48-pin QFN package minimizes impact to end equipment designs.
The bq500210 wireless power transmitter is available now in a 7-mm x 7-mm QFN package, priced at $4.50 in quantities of 1,000.
Find out more about TI's bqTESLA wireless power portfolio by visiting the links below:
Visit TI's wireless power solution web page; view wireless power video overview: www.ti.com/wirelesspower-pr
Download the following:
bq51013 data sheet or order samples: www.ti.com/bq51013pf-pr
Ask questions; help solve problems in the Wireless Power forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/wirelesspowerforum-pr
Download the new Power Management Guide: www.ti.com/powerguide-pr