Battery Charging & Management, DC-DC Converters, Embedded Systems, Power ICs
Texas Instruments has claimed the high ground in board-level power with the industry’s smallest 12-V, 750-mA DC/DC power regulator. The SIMPLE SWITCHER® regulator puts high performance into tiny packaging to drive space-constrained and power-dense applications in a variety of markets, including consumer, industrial and automotive. Packing a number of features into a 2.56-mm2 package, the nano power regulator makes it easier for engineers to design a power supply for their system, and along with TI's award-winning WEBENCH® online design tool, simplifies and speeds the process.
The 750-mA LMR22007 switching regulator features a low-current mode to maintain efficiency under light-load conditions. Control architecture provides fast transient performance and excellent regulation under varying input and output conditions. The LMR22007 delivers up to 750 mA of continuous load current with the addition of an adjustable input current limit, which protects the source supply during start-up by preventing excessive inrush currents. A complete 12-V, VIN to VOUT LMR22007 power supply design measures less than 30 mm2 with as few as three external components.
The LMR22007 joins TI’s portfolio of over 50 SIMPLE SWITCHER power regulators with current ranges from 100 mA to 5A designed for wide-input voltage range applications. For more information on TI's wide VIN product portfolio, click here.
LMR22007 key features and benefits
• The 750-mA nano regulator operates over a wide 2.7 V to 20 V input voltage range, delivers an output voltage from 0.9 V to 5.5 V and survives VIN transients to 24V. Applications include single to multiple Li-ion cells, USB, 5-VIN and 12-VIN power supplies.
• Integrated synchronous MOSFET delivers peak efficiency of 94.6 percent.
• Control architecture requires no loop compensation and provides ultra-fast transient response.
• 9-pin, 1.6-mm by 1.6-mm by 0.5-mm CSP package features strategic pin placement that eliminates micro vias and requires as little as two layers of printed circuit board.
• Other features include internal compensation, internal soft start, input under-voltage protection, internal bootstrap capacitor and thermal shutdown
Availability and pricing
The LMR22007 nano power regulator is available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors and is priced at US$0.89 in 1,000-unit quantities.