Vicor announced the expansion of its Picor Cool-Power ZVS Point of Load (POL) Regulator portfolio with the introduction of its new, high efficiency PI3749, PI3751, and PI3755 buck-boost regulators.
• By minimizing switching losses, Picor’s ZVS topology enables efficiencies over 98% – maintains a high efficiency over the specified Vin range
• High frequency operation (up to 2.5 MHz) enables best in class power density and transient response
• Easy to use LGA System in Package (SiP), with integrated controller, power switches and support components, reduces design risk and speeds time to market
The Picor Cool-Power PI3749 buck-boost regulator covers a wide range of high performance applications including computing, communications, industrial, LED lighting, and battery systems.
• PI3749 operates from 16 Vin to 34 Vin, regulates an output voltage from 12 V to 34 V and provides output current up to 11.5 A for power delivery over 200 W
• Power delivery can be further increased by using single wire current sharing without any additional components
• This regulator is packaged in a 10x14x2.5mm LGA SiP module
The Picor Cool-Power PI3751 and PI3755 buck-boost regulators are designed for Factorized Power Architecture® (FPA®) and work in conjunction with VI Chip® VTM® current multipliers to address high performance point-of-load power delivery to processors (including VR12.5+ compliance) and memory (including DDR3/4 compliance) in server and datacenter applications.
• Enables 48 V direct to point of load when combined with VTM
• The PI3751 and PI3755 are packaged in a 10x14x2.5mm and a 10x10x2.5mm LGA SiP module, respectively
The PI37XX series expands the portfolio of high performance, high density Picor Cool-Power ZVS POL Regulators. The entire Cool-Power portfolio is characterized by products that offer benchmark efficiency and density, and are simple to use, accelerating time to market.
Pricing and availability
The new Picor Cool-Power PI3749 and PI375X buck-boost regulators can be ordered today from Vicor and Vicor authorized distributors. PI37XX pricing starts at $14.50, $18.50, and $14.80 in 1K quantities, respectively, for the PI3749, PI3751, and PI3755.